Electus Fund Managers and Citadel announces new partnership
Today we are announcing a partnership with Citadel Investment Services (Citadel), a leader in Private Wealth management. The key details are shown below:
- Citadel will become a 30% shareholder in Electus Fund Managers.
- Electus staff will own 70% of Electus and its staff will always remain the majority shareholders in what will remain an independently managed Electus.
- The cash injection of new equity, will greatly strengthen the Electus business.
- Electus is also proud to have been selected to manage both Long and Hedge Funds for Citadel and we look forward to working closely with Citadel in continuing to deliver excess returns for their Clients.
- This new relationship with Citadel complements Electus' existing Retail fund management relationship with Nedgroup Investments, where we have an unbroken 17-year track record of managing South African equity funds, outperforming both our Peers and the broad JSE Indices, with a materially lower level of risk.
As background to Electus, having spent 8 years as a boutique within Old Mutual Investment Group (OMIG), in 2015 Electus Fund Managers started as an independent business, being 100% owned by all its staff.
With exactly the same Team in place that were part of Electus' 2015 "start-up", with this new Citadel partnership, Electus is now moving into its next phase of being an even more established, competitive and well-funded business.
Importantly, the cultures of excellent fund management, client service and good governance are well established and aligned at both Electus and Citadel.
Below is the formal Announcement of our new partnership with Citadel Investment Services.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss any aspects of this Announcement.
Richard Hasson and Neil Brown
Co-Heads of Electus Fund Managers