Electus Quarterly Strategy Note January 2017
Our latest Quarterly Strategy Note articles cover the following
- In-depth equity research by Neil Brown, on the SA Private Hospital industry and its three listed companies, Mediclinic, Netcare and Life Healthcare.
- We also explain why, having successfully invested in Netcare through 2016, we recently sold the Netcare holding to zero in Client funds and have also recently built a new position in Mediclinic.
- Brief SA Equity Market Overview and Valuation.
- Brief Electus Fund Management Overview, including:
- Top quartile 12-month relative performance for our SA Long Fund in 2016, being our first calendar year as an independent Electus.
- Positive 6-month absolute return in our new SA Long Short Hedge Fund strategy, ahead of SA cash return and well ahead of the JSE SWIX index, which returned -3%.