This August 2017 Quarterly Strategy Note has been written by
Damon Buss, our Retail Analyst. Damon's conclusion is that the
"race for space could start to bite" and in arriving at this
conclusion, Damon covers the following:
- Reasons why many South African consumers became wealthier
- How the Property Companies reacted to this healthier consumer
and do we have too many shopping centres?
- Reasons the South African consumer has been under pressure for
the last 2-3 years
- Trends affecting global retailers and property companies, and
whether they will affect SA?
- What the impact of slower space growth could be on
- Is this slower growth factored into retail company valuations