The Electus website strives to apply accepted standards of accessibility with the aim of optimising use for a variety of users. Our site accessibility is an organic process and will continue to improve over time.
- The site has a clear visual hierarchy and works acceptably across target browsers.
- The site has a meaningful 404 page (error page) that will contain information redirecting users to other relevant areas within the site.
- Where possible, decorative images are in Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- "alt" attributes are employed for images.
- Headings clearly indicate the document structure.
- Navigation is consistent throughout the site.
- The site has an easy to find sitemap and contact page.
- The site has a link to the home page on every page.
- The site is optimised for speed and page size.
Accessibility for Devices
- Content is accessible without CSS.
- Content is accessible without images.
- Content is meaningful in text browsers.
- Content is accessible when printed.
- The site works well in different window sizes greater than 800x600.
- The site is accessible on Hand Held Devices.
- The site has friendly URLs that work without "www".
- The site has a favicon.
Accessibility for Users
- In order to increase font size, please press ctrl + +, and to decrease font size, please press ctrl + -.
- Hyperlinks are made as descriptive as possible.
- The site has sufficient colour contrasts.
- The site does not use colour alone for critical information.
Separation of Content & Presentation
- CSS are used for presentation aspects.