We always strive to buy into high quality businesses at prices that are low compared to their long-term investment valuation.
Electus Fund Managers analyses companies and manages institutional and retail (unit trust) client funds. The Electus-managed funds consist of South African equity funds and Long-Short equity hedge funds, as this is where Richard Hasson and Neil Brown have >40 years of combined experience. As a four person equity research team Electus has >50 years of combined experience.
Electus Fund Managers Proprietary Limited was established in May 2015. Richard Hasson and Neil Brown have known each other since 1997 and started working together and jointly managing funds in 2005. In January 2007, Richard and Neil formally started Electus, as a two person fund management boutique within Old Mutual Investment Group (OMIG). Electus was easily the most successful of OMIG's equity boutiques, winning >15 funds since its inception. Electus had been very successful, both in terms of client fund performance, asset growth and profitability, in January 2015, Richard and Neil decided to continue the Electus business independently, and has seamlessly transitioned its clients into a 100% independent Electus business, under FSP licence number 46077.
Our ability to add value to clients stems from:
Electus unchanged investment approach
- High conviction, unconstrained share selection, fundamentally based, "bottom-up" SA equity and hedge fund manager
- Proven track record of delivering excess returns through bottom-up stock selection
Electus competitive position
- Independent business, with all staff being shareholders
- Extremely focused and opportunistic SA equity research
- Award-winning Founders have worked as a Team for >10 years
- Electus is a totally independent firm with zero potential conflicts of interest. Being small in team and AUM, we are flexible and opportunistic in how we function and operate.